More infos about EBCD
EP InTERGROUP NEWSLETTER NOVEMBER 2014
Discover the November 2014 Intergroup Newsletter here!
- New Chair of the Intergroup - MEP Pavel Poc
- Intergroup's mission, objective and structure
- Intergroup's launch Cocktail Reception - Report
- Nature’s Solutions for European Urban Areas - Conference
- Calendar of upcoming events
fisheries & aquaculture newsletter October 2014
Discover the October 2014 Fisheries and Aquaculture Newsletter here!
- New rules for labelling
- New Advisory Councils around the corner
- IUU/General Scheme of Preferences+: conflicting policies?
And ... Get a glance on the latest publications on:
- Gear impact and fisheries discards in deep sea
- ISSF tuna stock status update
- FAO: Aquaculture and management of seafood safety and quality
Get involved in upcoming events, highlights:
- IUCN World Parks Congress
- International Ocean Research Conference
NATURE-based solutions: innovation potential for smart, sustainable & inclusive growth in europe
On Tuesday 30 September 2014, the European Parliament Intergroup on “Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development”, in collaboration with the European Commission and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), organised a full day conference entitled: “Nature-Based Solutions: Innovation potential for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth in Europe.”Bringing together 140 participants including representatives from the European Institutions, local and regional authorities, research institutes, NGOs and International organisations, as well as private sector representatives, this conference aimed at promoting the solutions that nature can offer in tackling major challenges, such as climate change and natural disasters, in ensuring food security to an increasing population, in protecting the health of European citizens, and the conservation of biodiversity in the EU and at the global level. [read more]
Forestry debates kick-off in the new European
More than 60 participants attended a ‘Forest-Breakfast’ at the European Parliament to discuss European Forestry’s contribution to today’s and tomorrow’s forest-based industries in the EU.Under the auspices of the Members of European Parliament Ms Elisabeth Köstinger (AUT), Chair of the “Sustainable Forest Management” Working Group of the EP Intergroup on “Climate Change, Biodiversity & Sustainable Development”, and Mr Herbert Dorfmann (ITA), the Brussels-based organisations CEPF, Copa-Cogeca, Eustafor and EFI, representing private and public forest holders and forest research, hosted a ‘Forest-Breakfast’ at the European Parliament on 24 September 2014. [read more]